A modern, light, hall with wood floor and equipped for a variety of uses including dance, drama, parties and sports activities.
- Wide door and wheel chair access
- Efficient heating system
Male, female and accessible toilets are available for anyone taking part in activities.
The accessible toilet was re-furbished 2019 and includes baby change facilities.
ParkingIn addition, there is ample free parking and the Community Centre is within a short walking distance of regular bus services to and from Durham.
Modernisation of Community Centre
- New automatic entrance doors have enhanced the accessibility of the Centre.
- Washrooms were re-configured and modernised during 2016.
- Accessible toilet re-furbished in 2019
- The extended and re-furbished kitchen has smoke detectors and a fire resistant shutter.
- Internal doors were replaced with fire doors compliant with current regulations.
- An L4 Fire alarm system is installed, as recommended by Co Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service.
- Training /conference facilities have been created in Kepier Room with new furniture and flooring throughout the Centre.
- External work has seen new fascias, signage and shutters being installed.
- The car park is marked out to maximise the number of spaces available, including accessible parking bays near to the entrance.
Our funding partners
Belmont Community Association is grateful to our funding partners who have enabled the recent modernisation of our Community Centre:
Work: Re-configuration and modernisation of washrooms. Funder: Durham County Councillors’ Neighbourhood Budget. Contractor: T&J (Thomas Kemp)
Work: New and extended kitchen. Funder: Banks Community Fund. Contractor: Dragonville Interiors
Work: External shutter replacement. Funder: Durham County Councillors’ Neighbourhood Budget and “It’s Up to You” competition. Contractor: Marian Doors
Work: Flooring. Funder: County Durham Community Foundation. Contractor: Specialist Floors NE
Work: New Boiler. Funder: Belmont Parish Council. Contractor: G Roe Heating & Plumbing Services
Work: Installation of automatic fire alarm system. Funder: Sir James Knott Trust. Contractor: Cortech
Work: Fascias and Guttering replacement. Funder: Awards for All (England) National Lottery. Contractor: Reflex Roofing Ltd
Work: Energy saving initiatives. Funder: Durham County Councillors’ Neighbourhood Budget. Contractor: In-house
Work: Automatic Entrance Doors. Funder: County Councillors’ Members Initiative Fund
Contractor: Door Support
Work: Hearing Devices in meeting rooms. Funder: Banks Community Fund. Contractor: JPS Systems
Work: External Signage. Funder: Belmont Parish Council and self-funded by BCA
Contractor: ACE Signs and Graphics
Work: Fitting of fire doors. Funder: Self-funded by BCA. Contractor: Colin Nelson
Work: Re-furbishment of accessible toilet. Funder: Banks Community Fund. Contractor: Dragonville Interiors.
Work: Re- surfacing of hall floor. Funder: County Councillor’s Neighbourhood Budget. Contractor: Floorcraft N
Work: Installation of defibrillator, Funder: County Councillors’ Neighbourhood Budgets and Belmont Parish Council, Supplier: NE Ambulance Servic
Work: Fencing of Community Garden, Funder: Durham City Area Action Partnership and Belmont Parish Council, Contractor: Wearside Fencing
Work: Partition of Caldecote Hall, Funder: Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport under its National Emergency Trust programme, Contractor: Monowa
Work: External Lighting, Funder: County Councillors’ Neighbourhood Budgets, Contractor: ACCRO