Facilities for hire
Hardy and Grange Rooms
These are multipurpose rooms capable of seating 50 – 60 and are used for craft, dance, quizzes, meetings and by youth groups.
A hearing device system is installed in all three rooms.
The Centre is fully accessible. In addition, there is ample free parking.
The Community Centre is accessed from Sunderland Road (opposite B&Q) within a short walking distance of regular bus services to and from Durham (nos 20, 20A, 265 and 208) – bus stop known as Durham City Retail Park
Modernisation of Community Centre
- New automatic entrance doors have enhanced the accessibility of the Centre.
- Washrooms were re-configured and modernised during 2016.
- The extended and re-furbished kitchen has smoke detectors and a fire resistant shutter.
- Internal doors were replaced with fire doors compliant with current regulations.
- An L4 Fire alarm system is installed, as recommended by Co Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service.
- Training /conference facilities have been created in Kepier Room with new furniture and flooring throughout the Centre.
- External work has seen new fascias, signage and shutters being installed.
- The car park is marked out to maximise the number of spaces available, including accessible parking bays near to the entrance.
Our funding partners
Belmont Community Association is grateful to our funding partners who have enabled the recent modernisation of our Community Centre:
Work: Re-configuration and modernisation of washrooms. Funder: Durham County Councillors’ Neighbourhood Budget. Contractor: T&J (Thomas Kemp)
Work: New and extended kitchen. Funder: Banks Community Fund. Contractor: Dragonville Interiors
Work: External shutter replacement. Funder: Durham County Councillors’ Neighbourhood Budget and “It’s Up to You” competition. Contractor: Marian Doors
Work: Flooring. Funder: County Durham Community Foundation. Contractor: Specialist Floors NE
Work: New Boiler. Funder: Belmont Parish Council. Contractor: G Roe Heating & Plumbing Services
Work: Installation of automatic fire alarm system. Funder: Sir James Knott Trust. Contractor: Cortech
Work: Fascias and Guttering replacement. Funder: Awards for All (England) National Lottery. Contractor: Reflex Roofing Ltd
Work: Energy saving initiatives. Funder: Durham County Councillors’ Neighbourhood Budget. Contractor: In-house
Work: Automatic Entrance Doors. Funder: County Councillors’ Members Initiative Fund
Contractor: Door Support
Work: Hearing Devices in meeting rooms. Funder: Banks Community Fund. Contractor: JPS Systems
Work: External Signage. Funder: Belmont Parish Council and self-funded by BCA
Contractor: ACE Signs and Graphics
Work: Fitting of fire doors. Funder: Self-funded by BCA. Contractor: Colin Nelson